The educational sessions for The Professional Landcare Network’s Green Industry Conference in Louisville, Kentucky October 22-24, 2014 have been announced. Ron Edmonds of The Priuncipium Group will be speaking on Thursday afternoon from 3:00 to 4:15 pm. Here is an overview of the session:
Growing Your Green Industry Business with Acquisitions: How to Succeed in Negotiating Acquisitions that Grow and Strengthen Your Business (Finance Team & Management Team) Ron Edmonds, The Principium Group: Green Acquisitions
Acquisitions can be an important part of the growth strategy for lawn and landscape companies. Many business owners are reluctant to pursue acquisitions because they do not understand how acquisitions can help their businesses grow. The acquisition process may seem unfamiliar and too risky to pursue. However, there are many situations where acquisitions may make sense and even be a low-cost approach to growth. In this course, you will learn from real-life cases that illustrate when acquisitions work and when they don’t. Attendees will leave this session with:
- Examples of specific situations where acquisitions make sense as part of a growth strategy
- Negotiating strategies
- An understanding of the key terms of an acquisition agreement
- Knowledge to how to avoid common pitfalls
- Information about how to develop an integration plan
- Knowledge of why many acquisitions fail to produce the expected results and what you can do about it.
The Principium Group provides advisory services related to mergers & acquisitions, exit planning and capital strategies to the green industry, including lawn, landscape and related businesses. Contact them at 888-229-5740 or [email protected].